Fall is not far away and we can’t wait. It’s the perfect “in between” season. It’s warm enough to keep your heavy pea coats tucked away but cool enough to put on that beautiful wool blazer and scarf. The best thing about fall, besides the layering, is that you have the opportunity to play around with fabrics and accessories. I’m a fan of accessories for men; it’s how you express your style. We always talk about the ever essential navy or grey suits. But if everyone has navy or grey suits how do you standout? TIES! Ties are that one piece of a man’s wardrobe that truly expresses personality and your style. Its such a small detail but a detail nonetheless and trust me when I say women notice.
In the tie world; closing in on 2 years now Andrew Payne of General Knot & Co. has been creating some of the best ties on the market. This time around General Knot Fall 2012 serves up everything from Plaid & Italian Chambray to Floral Print Grey Heather & Tonal Check. This is just the first drop off for General Knot for the upcoming fall season. We cant wait to see what else the General has in store. Take a look at this video to get the full story on General Knot.
Style Tips for buying ties:
- Balance the width of the tie against your lapels and shirt collar, find a knot that fits your face.
- You do want a tie that looks great on its own. Avoid novelty ties, they’re not funny.
- Tip of the tie should hit right at your beltline
- The Knot should not be the size of a slice of pizza
- A dimple is the finishing touch